Monday, March 17, 2008

Sacrifice and Reward

One week to go, and then we can all get back to whatever it was we gave up (if we haven't already!). In our house, the kids who did really good with their Lenten Promise (sacrifice or added task) get a prize on Easter. I have not had a single pastry since Ash Wednesday, but I have not been very good about doing my situps - apparently I am OK with going without, but not good about adding to my list. Julie's history teacher noted at teacher conferences that her attitude seems to have changed and maybe she has adjusted to his teaching style - clueless that she gave up harrassing him for lent, and is apparently doing well with that sacrifice. Joe and Jamie probably don't even remember what their sacrifices were to be (grooming "Champ" daily, and reading the Bible daily - respectively) as they have not performed these added tasks since Ash "Thursday".

So, how have you done with your's? Do you get to reward yourself on Easter morning? I expect that on Easter morning I will have eclairs and a smaller (by 5lbs) but still out-of-shape stomach as the rewards for my efforts (although as Julie so eloquently proclaims "but ROUND is a shape!")

Happy almost Easter! Hang in there!

No comments: