Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Truckin' like the Do Da Man

Her Majesty's fathers Malibu has officially died. I have been dreading this moment knowing the sentimental value it holds for her, but have been looking forward to replacing it. We already have the 15 passenger van and the station wagon, so I envisioned that a pickup truck would be viable and useful as the third vehicle. It is the vehicle I will typically drive to work in, go to the dump, pick up hay & grain or a load of mulch with, load a canoe and pond equipment into (if "pond equipment" confuses you, you have obviously never gone swimming with this family), etc...
My only real guidelines were that it was a club cab (with back seat of some sort), less than full size ( for gas economy), and mechanically sound (didn't have to be "pretty").

Well the tax return is in and the truck is ours (notice I say "ours" not "mine").
It is two years older than the Malibu was, but has 40,000 fewer miles.
It is in immaculate condition - body and interior - and fire engine red.
It even has a cap, visor, tow hitch, 5-speed & 4x4 - complete bonuses.
The kids are excited beyond belief.

And because the Malibu was in Sues name, to simply transfer the plates meant that the truck had to be the same.

And because the Taurus was technically sold from her parents estate to her for $1, that car is also soley in her name.

And when we got the money to buy the van, she shopped while I was at work and bought it on the spot - so that ended up soley in her name.

So I don't have a single vehicle with my name on it.

So now it's truly "til death do us part" - because even if I wanted to leave her, I don't have a get-away car!




Thankfully she still loves me and lets me drive HER new pickup truck.
(and nobody can suggest that it reflects a mid-life crisis or 2nd childhood issue for me - it's hers, not mine)

2 comments:

HerMajesty00 said...

Wanna go paaaahkin' and watch the submarine races?

On A Windy Night said...

I can't wait to see it!