Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Phone Call

So I'm at work and my phone rings (usually means it's an upset customer) so I answer with my best Customer Service voice and am pleasantly surprised to hear Mary's chearful voice saying "Hi Papa" (she apparently doesn't know that I now have my own cell phone back from Corey -- and funny but she is the only person in the world who refers to me as "Papa" not that I mind, it's sorta cute - just an observation as I don't know where it originated from or when). Just wanted to tell me who she bumped into as she was returning to work from lunch break and happened to hold the door for a very large mailman who was entering at the same time. OK - I already know who THAT is before she tells me. Boston, Mail Man, Very Large -- the one and only "Little Drummer Boy" Andy. She of course confirms this to be true. He recognized her and spoke up first - she (who until just recently was still a kid and apparently never picked up on the fact that Andy was a mailman or that he worked in Boston - but to her credit did know he was very large) was at first caught off guard (the shades threw her off?) and then recognized him. So she told him how the family was and he told her about the movie that was coming out that he was an extra in (Game Plan), and that he hasn't played the drums for a while (well I coulda told ya that - they are still in storage at our church for the past 6 months). Anyway, what a nice surprise call - hearing unexpectedly from a loving daughter about a good friend - made a nice day even better.

No comments: