Monday, January 07, 2008

Dark Thoughts

I love my “Site meter”. If you click on the “Site Meter” label on this blog, you can see how many people viewed it, for how long, and from where in the world. You can also see how they found it – by linking from some one else’s blog, or from Googling certain search words.

In the past week I have had 9 foreign readers find my “Growing Up At Nenna’s House” blog – 6 from the UK, 1 each from Australia, Canada, and Germany. Most only view it for a second before moving on :-(

But what I found fascinating is that 8 of the 9 found me on separate days with virtually the same searches. They were looking for, with some variations to the wording of their searches, the old favorite scary story “in a dark dark city, there was a dark dark street and on this dark dark street was a dark dark house…..”

WTF? Six people in England, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Australia in a 1 weeks time want to know about that dark dark house? And thought to do a google search for it?

And I thought I had too much spare time!


And now they can all discover THIS blog as well when they do the same search!

No comments: