Monday, January 07, 2008

Dumb Hockey Coach (part II)

Sunday morning, on the ice for my 3rd game of the day, and there is my new favorite hockey coach. My partner is the same guy I worked with during my first encounter with “the coach”. My partner's son plays on this team, and apparently neither are impressed with “the coach”. Father referee even called a penalty on son player during the game without incident. But after one penalty I called, “the coach” became irate and among other things tried to tell me I don’t know the rule book because I called a slash on one of his players who tried to chop the puck out of the goalies glove, and because I didn’t call one when the opposition lifted the stick of one of his players (I would LOVE to see him ref any bantam C game - any game actually). My favorite one though was when he commented to one of his players that I was trying to control the game.

Well DUH!!!!

That IS my job – as opposed to allowing it to get out of control, which his games are always on the verge of.

No comments: