Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sue's Birthday

and I get the day off from work and the sun is out (vaguely). We did the cake &ice cream thing last night with the kids because tonight we will be at Fenway Park watching John Lester & the Red Sox beat the Tampa Bay Rays. The day actually started oddly due to the fact that last night when I re-set the alarm clock so I would be up to get the kids on the bus, I must have bumped the time off by an hour AND I neglected to actually turn the alarm ON. So when we woke up in a panic because the clock said 8 o'clock and we hadn't heard the kids, I ran upstairs to check -- the boys bedroom and Nikki's were vacant, so they must have gotten out the door ok. Now granted, I would bet any amount of money that Joe did not take his ADHD pills or brush his teeth (or wash face & hands and comb hair - God help up). We realized the mistake - corrected the clock, and crawled back into bed for another hour. At the REAL 8 o'clock we heard footsteps upstairs and were curious why Tim was up so early - exept it wasn't Tim, it was Julie (the one I hadn't checked on (which was ok - she has senior priviledges and a 1st period study, so she was going in late and her friends were coming to pick her up at any moment. So by 9:30, Sue has jogged 2 miles, done her yoga, and is ready to go out and about for her mystery day. I will let her post about it later, cause I don't want to spoil the surprize!

No comments: