Thursday, October 16, 2008

my brush with radio fame

Joe & I pulled into the 4-H club parking lot for his chicken club meeting and the first thing I noticed was the abnormal number of vehicles. It was a small sporatic club last year, but apparently this year shall be different - lots of new members. One of the new members neighbor is a former longtime 4-H'er who is going to be an assistant leader. Her Boyfriend attended with her, bearing many gifts for the club. T-shirts, mouse pads, pens, event tickets - all bearing the call letters of the Boston radio stations he works for. When introduced I knew immediately who he was, and was bummed that I had actually chosen to NOT were my Beatles sweatshirt - because he is the Sunday morning host of a radio show that showcases them and offers lots of trivia. I listen to him often while I drive to or from the rink. He promised to have something for me at next months meeting. Julie already wants it - not even knowing what it is (other than "SWAG"). Maybe she will come and audit the class!! 4-H IS cool!

No comments: